IN FRENCH = JETER L'ÉPONGE
- McGraw-Hill was ready to throw in the towel, and they were trying to get a magazine sold. Fortunately, Bloomberg has been able to turn around (improve, make better) the magazine in a pretty quick time frame (period of time).
- Independent oil and gas explorer Hyperdynamics seems to have thrown in the towel. What's worse is that the company seems to be heading for (going to have, going towards) some legal trouble as well.
PRACTICE AND THINK IN ENGLISH
- When was the last time you threw in the towel? What happened?
- Why is it sometimes necessary to throw in the towel?
- Can throwing in the towel lead to (result in, cause, provoke) better things or a better situation?
Tell me in a comment below or send me a message by E-mail at email@example.com, if you like.
Source: English For Business
To learn how to leave a comment, please click for instructions in English or click for instructions in French. It is not necessary to have a Google account. After you type your comment, click on the menu, "Comment as" ("choisir une identité") and choose "Name" or "Anonymous".