Quote Of The Day: Michael Jordon On Success







"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed" - Michael Jordan









Vocabulary in the quote:
  • To miss a shot = Not to put the ball in the basket. 
  • To be trusted to do something = When people trust you, believe in you, or depend on you to do something correctly.

The Video




PRACTICE AND THINK IN ENGLISH

  • Do you agree with the idea that to succeed, you must fail?
  • When was the last time you failed in order to succeed in doing something?
  • When was the last time a person trusted you to do something?

Tell me by leaving a comment below or in a message by E-mail at kaufman.terry@gmail.com, if you like.

To learn how to leave a comment, please click for instructions in English or click for instructions in French. It is not necessary to have a Google account. After you type your comment, click on the menu, "Comment as" ("choisir une identité") and choose "Name" or "Anonymous".

No comments:

Post a Comment