Why is Hollywood crazy about (enthusiastic and excited about) "The Artist"?
Here are some extracts from different news sources in the United States:
- "The Artist" is a joy. It’s pure, unadulterated (absolute) pleasure for anyone who loves movies; loves their history, loves their possibilities, loves their capacity to take you out of yourself (remove you from your life and reality) for a little while (a short period of time) and transport you to a world of glamour, music, big emotions and big fun.
- The News Tribune
- Among Oscar field of 9 (number of nominated movies for best movie), "The Artist" is the movie to beat. The Artist "is such a novelty and tribute to classic Hollywood, nothing has been able to slow it down yet," Tom O'Neil says. - USA Today
- France's Jean Dujardin plays down (minimizes the importance of) Hollywood success. "Maybe it's a feelgood movie, a love story, a simple story, and maybe there is a cute dog. Everybody loves a cute dog," he told Reuters TV in an interview. "I don't necessarily plan to have a career in Hollywood, because you can never imagine what your career will be," he said. - Chicago Tribune
PRACTICE AND THINK IN ENGLISH
- Have you seen "The Artist"?
- What did you think of the movie?
- Why do you think the movie is less of a success in France compared to the United States?
To learn how to leave a comment, please click for instructions in English or click for instructions in French. It is not necessary to have a Google account. After you type your comment, click on the menu, "Comment as" ("choisir une identité") and choose "Name" or "Anonymous".